Hey everyone! I'm a crazy person. SO what has been happening since my last post? I went to Nottingham Castle and watched a jousting match. It was really really fun, there were tons of people dressed up and even tho it was a typical cold rainy British day, there were quite a few people in attendance. My favourite part was watching Guy of Gisbourne fight Robin Hood, we really got into that match. After we watched the Jousting and the other frivolities that were going on that day, we went back to the Manor (our house) and watched the Disney cartoon of Robin Hood. Freaking hilarious watching it with the Brits! I especially liked the way the Rooster sings in a very southern American accent "not in NottingHAM"I am amazed how familiarized I am getting with the accents here and how American accents sound so weird.
So the following week was pretty uneventful. I started to panic about Halloween though, I thought that I would never make my dream a reality. Then Martha and I went down to Leicester and went to a costume shoppe. We rented what I needed to become a new woman. I'm not going to lie, I was worried about Halloween here, they don't really get into it as much as we do their Halloween section in Asda (the British Wal-Mart) is really rubbish. But we went to some fancy dress shoppes (fancy dress=costume) and got the necessary items. We decided to have a Halloween themed house-warming party so we had to dress to impress.
I think our costumes turned out very well. Abbie was the only housemate missing, so from left to right we have Kirsty as Pyra, Goddess of Fire (a nickname a friend had given her.) Me as Elphaba from Wicked, Martha as a Butterfly, and Sandra as a Vampiress. It was a great party too, we broke out some karaoke even.
This is me, still in costume, but really tired and sore from wearing a corset all night, I think it worked out pretty well though, I'm like Elphaba at college.
As for this week, I am going to be working very hard on my essays and starting some exercise classes at the fitness centre on campus. Also I go to Paris on Friday!! I'm way excited, but for those of you who I talk to regularly, I will not be bringing my computer, so I will be incommunicado next weekend. I love you guys so much and I miss you tons, but don't worry, I'm having fun. ;c) I'll talk to everyone soon, and hopefully have some great stories from Paris next Monday/Tuesday when I get back.
Love to all!
Suzzy
4 comments:
You make an awesome Elphaba! It's cool you went as far as getting the green paint and corsette. The first time I saw Wicked with Emily I said to her, 'we're totally the people who'd be friends with a green person'.
So, are you going to try to get your roommates to do Thanksgiving? I'm sure they'll go for an excuse to eat too much.
Have fun in Paris.
You make me laugh with your British spelling. I love you. I'm glad your Elphaba turned out so FREAKING AWESOME! Good luck with the studying thing - i'm not doing so hot with the whole thing, but i'm getting better.
Have fun in Paris and take lots of pictures for me! What do you want for Christmas? Anything from here you miss and wish you had?
Like Emily, I also enjoyed your British spelling. Your costume was amazing! Joseph was a pirate this yearrrrr. He walked around the house saying "Arrr, maties" and singing "Yo ho yo ho . . ." It was cute.
Have a blast in Paris!
I love your costume, especially the green skin. Mark loves "Wicked" and has seen it like 4 times. I'm glad you were able to celebrate Halloween. I hope you got a good dinner for Turkey day! I hope you can talk with an accent when you come home!
Post a Comment