01 December, 2008

Thanksgiving Across the Pond

Yeah, I miss home. I guess its the Holidays, but really, you don't realize how much you miss it until there are little things to miss. No loud, rowdy grandparents house, with little kids running around screaming and my grandpa making loud, inappropriate comments. No table full of munchies before the big festival of gluttony. And most of all, no shopping on Black Friday! What is that all about. I definitely missed my sisters and mum and grandma and aunts for that one.

Although, my Friday consisted of baking pies and getting ready for our mammoth feast on Saturday. An then a little break for some 'sing-star'. Its a game for the Play Station that you get to sing popular songs and you get points for hitting the correct notes, Karaoke on crack.



Saturday Martha and I finished preparing the meal. It was beautiful! so we really did have a great thanksgiving, thanks to all those who participated, I really had a great time. We're still washing up!





I'm so grateful for the support I have from my family, and the love that they show me. I am grateful for my friends who stay my friends even though I'm way over here and I don't call as much as I should. I still love and miss you all I promise! I'm also grateful for the Gospel, I know that without it in my life I would not be doing what I am, and I wouldn't be the person I am today.

Love you all!!
Suzzy

2 comments:

Emily Anne said...

Your dinner looks wonderful. Good job. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't go shopping on Black Friday either. Of course, I didn't go because I was studying my heart out and because of the lack of funds, not because I wasn't in the country :) Be good and try not to eat too much leftovers!

Matthew Ware said...

I understand the several day clean up process after big meals. I'm glad you celebrated. I hope the Brits were nice about your American holiday.