29 December, 2008

Another Blog? Stop the Presses!!


The picture above is of my Christmas stocking (yay) and a little gift called 'freeze-dried Napoleon' it reads: Napoleon really missed you, here he is freeze dried. Rehydrate and CPR & there he is. Love, Mom. I laughed for about an hour. :D

Hey all. I know, I know, I'm a huge loser. I've been doing lots of nothing exciting lately, so I don't really have much to talk about. My birthday was a fun time, we all went out to dinner, and because I'm pretty much the biggest Twilight geek I know, I made everyone go to the Cinema on opening night. :D I had to wait an entire month longer to see this film than you all in the US, so it was lucky it came out on my birthday. :D Luckily enough, my package came from my Mum on the Monday, it was fun to open it up and see what weird stuff she packed. She did not fail.


This is our living room decked out for both my birthday and Christmas.

I've been doing a lot of Christmas shopping, but not for myself, my housemates brothers are kind of slackers when it comes to shopping, so I went to the shopping centre every day last week. Very exciting I'm sure. Christmas here is really cool though, all of the city centres are all lit up and sparkly, and there are rides for kids that I'm sure parents hate. Its like those 'rides' in front of the supermarket, every time you go parents are praying harder than ever that maybe this time their child won't see the 'horsie' and start a nuclear tantrum because they want to ride it. I think its something like that.....probably. But these rides are a little cooler, I'll give them that, its like mini-versions of the big rides they have at fairs here. Also, there are a huge number of carol concerts here. I am quite impressed at how religious almost everyone is at Christmastime, there are so many Christmas activities, and Christmas carol concerts and other things like that. Way to go England. ;c) There were a few things I wanted to do, Martha and I were supposed to go to the Lincoln Christmas Market, but it only operates for like a week in the beginning of December. Not what I'd call a very Christmas-y market, so we didn't get to go up there. But we stayed and helped Martha's other brother to buy gifts.



Christmas itself was quite fun, I was in Leicester (read Lester) with Martha and her family. It was fun, I got to see how 5 adolescent boys act early in the morning. We went to a short carol service at the Church (something they do here at Mormon churches, I think its because they felt left out that all the other churches go to church on Christmas day) Its kind of traditional here. I called my family just in time to hear the end of the gift unwrapping. It was fun, but it made me miss them SOOOO much! I'm glad they were all together tho, and I don't ever want to miss another Christmas at home!! Thanks mum, and everyone who sent me Christmas cards and other packages. It made me feel very Christmas-y and loved!

So, on to New Year's plans are not settled, I am not going to Scotland like I'd hoped, its going to be too expensive, so hopefully we're going to get to London to see the Fireworks and be there. It should be fun, I do love London. :D Anyway, its time to get back to work on my essays, the 12th of January is looming. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, and got to spend it with loved ones. Love you guys and miss you bunches!!

Love to all!

Suzzy

2 comments:

Mme. Kara said...

What a fun thing to wake up to this morning--a new entry from Miss Bailey! Can't wait to hear about your New Year festivities in London. And, wishing you nothing but the finest in 2009! Love you lots!

Matthew Ware said...

Your mom is too funny. Glad you'll be back by next Christmas. In fact, you'll be back in time to see our baby. He/she should be due end of August, beghinning of September. Yay!