JANUARY
New Year's Eve was pretty much the best ever. Martha and I took the train down to London and stayed there for a few days. We went and stood on the Embankment across from the London Eye and watched the fireworks! It was a lot of fun, and we met some awesome random people from Kentucky who had just gotten in that morning. So we told them about some places that they needed to visit. It was freezing (well as cold as England gets....) But we kept quite warm in the crowd, its a mazing how body heat saves you from being too uncomfortable. As you can see above, the fireworks were totally worth the wait!! :D
Anyway, Martha and I walked around London a lot that night, we walked from Embankment to Victoria Station and since the station was utterly packed, we decided to walk to Hyde Park to meet up with the YSA dance people. I'm pretty sure we took a wrong turn somewhere, cause we were walking for ages. Anyway, after a short rest, we got to the Kensington station and headed back to our B&B.
The next morning we went into town and did some shopping and more walking around. I absolutely love London!! Its the best city ever. We watched the New Year's Day parade by Parliament and looked at Westminster Abbey. Since we had tickets for Wicked that night, we did some other sight-seeing, and more shopping, ate some dinner, and headed over to the Apollo Victoria Theatre for Wicked!
It was amazing, I think I liked the Glinda better in KC, but everything else here was just so awesome. I have to say that everything is better with an accent ;)
The rest of January was spent doing essays and revising for my final exam. So far so good, I've not failed anything yet :D so that's good news. We had some friends down for a weekend, and I tried (and failed) to go see Sherwood Forest for the first time. My friend Pete and I were going to follow our other friends to Sherwood, well we got mixed up, lost the leaders, and proceeded to drive almost 2 hours north! So while we were trying to get back to our friends it got dark, and cold, and everyone just ended up meeting at home again. haha. good times.
FEBRUARY
Well I guess it technically happened last week (when it was still January) but ironic story of the year: I was walking to the gym and stepped into a hole in the sidewalk and sprained my ankle. Good times. Good times. Here is a pretty picture of the damage :D This picture was taken today, so its a lot less swollen than it was a week ago!
This is going to be a really busy month coming up, my dissertation proposal is due, I'm going to a concert in Birmingham on Friday, and the Temple on Saturday. Next weekend is a V-day activity in Manchester that should be awesome, its Medieval themed, so I'm going to be looking for a good costume. I promise to keep more up to date and I'll try and be more interesting with the next one. I love you guys tons and miss you almost as much!!
Love to all!!
Suzzy
Also: remember how I said it doesn't snow here?
3 comments:
You forget that even the mundane things you do are extremely interesting to us back home. It's like how everything's better with an accent. I mean, I could go to some random forest and it's just a forest. You go to Sherwood Forest, which is also just a forest, but it's Sherwood Freaking Forest! (or, at least, when you actually make it there).
I do wonder, when will they stop calling Wicked a new musical. I mean, I love it and would go see it the second it showed in KC, Omaha, or St Louis, but it's not exactly new.
Yeah, the Glinda in KC was awesome.
Awww, Suzzanne, your poor ankle! That looks so painful. I hope it's feeling better. Those were great pictures of your new year and it looks like you're having a great time. As always you are so cute! I love you and miss you!
www.mytitleofliberty.blogspot.com
LDS view
www.freedoms-fight.blogspot.com
Ouch on the Ankle!!!
Post a Comment