18 August, 2008

One Week Closer!

I am leaving in 4 weeks!! I can't believe it. I'm freaking out! I'm getting a little closer to being ready, I've been cleaning out my bedroom so when I come back to the states next year I can just pack it all up and move off to wherever I end up. (Also because Mom said I have to for when Aimee comes and visits.....grrr) I'm a little jealous she'll be sleeping in my bed and I won't.


I got an offer to room with some girls in Nottingham, I'll know for sure by next week, but I hope it works out, it's half the price of the dorm! I could definately use the extra cash flowage. So lets all pray that this girl gets her job so she doesn't move in to this house, leaving an extra space for me! :D Its all about being selfish but it works for me.

So I have to comment about the Twilight books really fast, since most of you who are reading them are done, if not.......don't read the paragraphs in green!!!

I really and truly liked the story! I thought that she did a fantastic job writing the last saga for this series, I think she handled the "honeymoon scene" very well, and everything was just good. I think it was a happy book, definately a big change from New Moon it was SO whiny and annoying. I definately liked Bella more (I'm sad she became more likeable in the last book because she has such potential, I would have liked to like her longer) but when she finally becomes a vampire, its like she realizes that she is her own person and she can have a life (even though she is technically dead.....)

The whole baby thing was not too much of a stretch for me, I'm not a stranger to vampire fiction though. I guess it just seemed perfectly natural to me. Like everyone else I hate the name but hey, when pressed for time, you just have to fill it in. I have a feeling it was just a filler name she came up with while she was writing it and then it just stuck. As for Jacob imprinting on the kid, well that did creep me out a little, I mean he was macking on the mother 3 months ago!!!! It was a nice clean way to make everyone happy though, and it makes perfect sense that all of Bella's feelings for Jacob were all tied up with the baby.

I wanted more Edward in this book! Its almost as though he was a background character to me, we were in Bella's head a LOT. All in all I thought it was a great book. I still love the series, and I think that she can do a little spinoff with Jacob and Nessie and maybe the Volturi will finally be destroyed, the Cullens can take them easily! One nice big happy family.

OK Its safe to read again. I am excited to see Emily and Matty and Will this week!!! I've got nothing planned, but we'll figure something out. I still have a lot of things to get done before I'm ready to leave, including getting my visa, but I also have to get glasses and shots and figure out what classes I'm going to take.....the list seems endless. Hopefully by next week I'll have a place to live! Thats all for now, just keep fingers crossed that nothing is wrong with my visa and my housing comes through, those are my main concerns! AHH!!!! I'm actually moving to ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!

Loves
Suzzy

3 comments:

Emily Anne said...

It's too soon for you to leave in four weeks. Stay longer. Don't go ;) Ok, go but know we will move on while you are gone and nobody will remember your name when you get home. Just kidding. We will miss you very much.

I don't really hate the baby's name. It took me a while to sound it out, but really by the end of the book it grew on me. Plus, I like that Jacob imprinted on her. It is a great way to keep Jacob in the family and bring the wolves and vampires closer together. It just was a good ending to a good series. I was hoping the Volturi would get destroyed because that would have been an awsome fight scene, but whatever. Maybe in 1,000 years or so.

Matthew Ware said...

I still hate Renesmee's name. I thought the ending came together better than the last Harry Potter book. And I'm even okay that no one died. It's better to keep everyone alive than to have hollow, forced deaths.

We're so excited to come up tomorrow. It sucks that you're leaving and that you might not stick in Omaha when you get back, but I've realized we're doing the same thing in a couple of years. Guess we'll just have to get used to flying :)

I'll pray for your success with everything in going to England. Who knows when you'll have another opportunity like this.

Harwood said...

So much to do before you leave, but it will work out!
I agree with your opinion of Breaking Dawn. Edward was way too much in the background and I wanted to know what was going through his head. It felt like Jacob and Bella were the main characters in this book. I wanted more vampire stuff, like Bella and Rosalie's new pseudo-friendship and Jasper's whole newborn vampire opinions. Anyway, enough of that.
I hope you get your place in Nottingham! Talk to you later!