I have officially decided to get on the Blogging bandwaggon. Since my removal to the UK is imminent I wanted to get things started, and maybe I'll get into the habit of doing this before I leave. Hopefully I can work out all the bugs so that when I get over to my new home I'll just be able to start right in. :D
So the countdown begins! Just 4 days over a month and I'll be leaving on a jet plane. I am so not prepared for this! haha. I'll get there tho. I'm getting bombarded with "Are you ready?" "Are you excited?" et. cetera at work and its getting old, but I know that they are excited for me so what can you do? I'm just trying to take things one day at a time and once I get over there I'll have time to have a mental breakdown. Or not.
The official schedule (for those of you who do not already know) is:
Monday 15 September, 2008 2:30(ish) I leave from the Omaha Airport with my life packed into 2 (wishful thinking) suitcases. I fly to Chicago and have to switch planes before I jump over the puddle. I fly overnight to Dublin where I have a 1 hour layover and hop on another plane and get to the London Heathrow Airport around 12:oopm on the 16th. Where I will have to find the coach pickup that takes me up to Nottingham for my 1 week orientation thingy. I don't really know what to expect from that, its supposed to help you get all of your new arrangements made like setting up a bank account and getting registered with the Health Dept (yay socialized healthcare!) Then I move into my flat (well...its a dorm but I like to say flat) on the 20th and school starts on the 22!
....and then the fun begins! I will post as often as I can and include pictures as well, I'm very excited for this new adventure!!!! Hope I can convey the awesomeness.
Love to all!
Suzzy
4 comments:
I AM SO STINKING JEALOUS...and excited for you. Maybe if the dollar rebounds, Chris and I will come visit you. I know you will do awesome...and maybe even find a lovely brit to bring home with you! I LOVE YOU!!!!
Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging.
I remember leaving for my mission. I was worried about everything. Getting on the first plane was alright, but not having flown before, I was worried about having to move my luggage during my short layover in Denver. Yeah, they move it for you, but I didn't know that.
Then when I got in SLC I had to find the transport service that would take me to the MTC and I was so freaked out that I wouldn't be able to figure it out. Everything actually worked pretty well for me, though. But it sure makes you nervous.
Congratulations on the new blog. I am very proud of you.
Are you excited? Sorry. I couldn't help it. I'm excited for you and way excited about you blogging! We will see you in a few days. HOORAY!
Are you going to be able to fit all of your shoes in your suitcases?
~Shawn
Post a Comment