
I know, I know, its been too long. I'm sorry. If it makes you feel better I've been really really busy trying to escape from rampant ATM pirates that have taken over Lenton.
Ok, so really, I've been pretty busy with school and getting settled in, last week I had to run around and get bank accounts set up and all that fun necessary stuff. This week is going to be more down to earth I hope. There is not a whole lot going on, Last week I went to the Goose Fair, something they hold yearly in Nottingham. Its basically like a regular fair, but with the added bonus of chavs (local 'ruffians') and no smelly livestock pavilion. They had some seriously good rides and really really good food. I think a lot of the rides are put up by Gypsy crazy people, cause they were not very safe looking, but that didn't stop us from riding a few. One (called the Space Roller) was especially scary and vertigo inducing. I am including a picture above. The bottom of the ride has 5 arms with 5 seats on each arm. You are spun around on the big arm, while you spin around on your individual arms as well. Also it played the Star Wars theme and had a fog machine come on. Probably the best Fair ride ever.
I am really loving Nottingham. I haven't really done much by way of going to any castles or historical spots, we've been way busy doing other things. I love my housemates, they're so great, and we have a really good time together. I've officially gotten everyone addicted to Psych, so thats been fun to watch all the episodes with them, they're so offended that they hadn't ever heard of it before. I'm going to be doing some extra-curricular activities in the next few months. We are having a Halloween-themed housewarming party on Halloween, so that should be extra fun. There are a couple of really good concerts coming to town so we're going to hit those up, I get to see Keane and Death Cab for Cutie. My housemates and I are planning a trip to London so we can go see Wicked in the West End. That should be awesome, I loved seeing it in Kansas City.
Another pretty big thing is that I'm planning on doing a trip to Paris in November. Its organized through one of the university housing offices and its really cheap, so I would be silly not to go right? I'm pretty excited to go to a new place, and get a feel for the continent. :D I hope it will be the first of many excursions over there. Right Heather? ;) Anyway, I guess thats all for now, I don't really know what else to say, I've got to get some reading done for my class on Thursday and Friday. I love and miss everyone! E-mail me with any updates! I'll try and be more consistent with my blog.
Love to all!!
Suzzy
1 comment:
Well, we all understand that your first priorities are to your schooling and to having fun while you have the chance to be in England. Keeping up to date on your life is an okay third priority. You only get to do it once but you'll be able to talk about it for the rest of your life.
Glad you're still having fun. And take lots of pictures of the Eiffel Tower.
Post a Comment