21 September, 2008

I never knew there was a town called "Bunny".....




Hello everyone! I am writing this on a Sunday afternoon cause I am actually not busy doing tons of stuff! Crazy I know, that will soon be remedied. I've actually got to get online and check out my what my schedule will be. I've got to go sign up for classes tomorrow. So shall I outline my adventures for everyone?

I believe my last blog was from Chicago where I'd eaten McDonald's for the first time since 2005 (well anything more than ice cream or a thing of fries *chips*) and hopefully the last time in a long while. Anyway, I got on my flight and sat next to a very nice Irish woman, who proceeded to drink 2 little bottles of Jack Daniel's and take a sleeping pill to go to sleep. I don't think she slept. She was really restless tho! Awesome. So our flight to Dublin ended up only being 6.5 hours which was nice! They showed Leatherheads before they turned off the cabin lights, I watched part of it, then fell asleep with my I-pod playing Waking Ashland. :D When I woke up Ocean's Thirteen was going it must have been a George Clooney flight.

I landed in Dublin after I only got about 3 hours of sleep and my flight to London had been delayed. I did get through that airport pretty well though. I saw my bags waiting to get on the plane, so I felt better about the situation at least, I felt sure that I was going to have lost luggage. I waited at my gate for a while, and I talked to some people on Facebook. Finally our plane got to Dublin, and we had a pretty non-eventful flight to London. I fell asleep and woke up right when we were flying over the houses of Parliament and Big Ben. It was really cool.

I got to London and had to find out where I needed to go. I figured that they probably load up 4 suitcases and then take a smoke break. So after about 30 minutes our suitcases showed up, I loaded them up on the trolley and set off for terminal 2. There were really steep passageways and I finally got up to the terminal, and realized that it was the wrong terminal so I had to backtrack and find terminal 3. By this time my feet were screaming at me, I'd had only 3 hours of sleep in 15 hours, I was so tired! But I finally made it. The ride to Nottingham was long. I sat by a girl from Brazil, she was really nice. We got to campus and the gave us our keys to our temporary dorms, then we ate dinner, and I crashed.

Next day I met some new people, a girl from Atlanta named Lauren and we met a girl from Canada, Kathryn. This became our group for the rest of the time we added a few more people along the way. We had a lot of fun walking around and exploring Beeston its a small town to the west of campus. It is a pretty cute town, lots of quaint little shoppes. So we did our things, during International Student week, got signed up for bank accounts and got our other things sorted.

I moved into my house on Friday. My roommates are really nice! Martha and Abbie wanted me to come to a dance in Reading (pronounced 'red' ing) for a YSA dance. It was like no other YSA dance I've ever been to. It was like a club, no slow dances, and EVERYONE was dancing!! It was so much fun. Reading is down close to London and there were tons of people there. (they say that it was a poor turnout too)

I was at church today, it was fun, weird hearing everything in an accent. There are a few Americans in the ward so I'm not that much of a novelty, but it was still good. Anyways, I don't really know whats up I go over to Uni tomorrow and get all the orientation stuff rolling. I don't get my loan money in my account for another 2 weeks, so that will not be fun, I've got to be a penny pincher for a while. Good thing rent isn't due for a little while. Anyways, I'm gonna go I've got to try and straighten up my room a bit before tomorrow. I miss everyone so much!! I'll update everyone soon!

Love to all!
Suzzy

2 comments:

Emily Anne said...

I'm glad they didn't lose got luggage and that you met nice people. I'm also very jealous. I watched North and South yesterday and thought about you. Today is my birthday and I miss you. Have fun at orientation!

Matthew Ware said...

Wow, seems like a lot of fun, especially to be single in England. I saw your comment on Facebook about going to Freshers Fair. I have no idea where or what that is, but I felt cool that I'd heard of it. Aren't the Beatles great?