So, yesterday was a good day! I got up in the morning and got an e-mail from my soon-to-be roommate telling me that I got the spot in the house! I'm so excited!! I think it will be a definite improvement over the studio dorm I was going to get.......at least it'll have a bigger bed. There will be a total of 5 girls living there. I think I can handle that, I'm pretty easy going, and if they are crazy I'll just have to stay in my room a lot. The other good thing that happened yesterday was that I got my Visa! Well, I'm going to get it today so I have to stay home all day, but I got the e-mail confirming that it was approved and they were sending it to me. SO those were my 2 big worries and they both were resolved yesterday! I want to thank all of my friends and family that have been praying for me, I know that your prayers were heard. I feel really blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.
Now the next step in my little adventure is packing. A daunting task if I do say so. I'm more worried about taking the wrong things! Pack for the climate, I was told its basically dank and cold, thats all well and good, but WHAT is that supposed to mean? Are jeans and sweaters going to be good enough? Ugh. I'm going to look like a plonker....see: 'What A Girl Wants'
My other difficult task is saying goodbye! Well....see you later. I am trying not to think about my new adventure not involving all of you. I'm going to miss out on so much! Weddings, babies, birthdays, camp-outs, fights, mental break-downs, crazy stalkers, break-ups...............oh wait, I think I can live. (c; I'm really going to miss everyone though. I doubt you'll miss me as much.
I will probably write just one last entry before my trip, so consider this the countdown! 11 days! I only have 11 days to pack, see everyone, and get my butt out of the country! Don't worry, I got a new camera and I plan on taking some fantastic pictures to show you all. Ok thats it, I've got to get something done today or I will be in trouble!
Love to all!
Suzzy
3 comments:
We miss you already :...)
I'm glad things are working out for you. It seems like everything's come together, and just in the nick of time.
I'll send you lots of pictures so you won't miss out on much. We will definitely miss you, but you are going on a grand adventure and I wouldn't take that away from you for anything. Just don't forget the little Americans back home. Oh, and register to vote absentee!
Anything you wear will make you look beautiful, because you are beautiful. I would pack a bit of everything and make sure I had lots of layers! Love you.
I'm so happy for you! You'll love it. Socalized medicine is great for the patients (not so for the doctors). How long is your stay? Is it an extension of an American university or is it a British school? "Dank" means it rains 280 days per year and cloud cover is the norm. Welcome to the UK.
Post a Comment