15 September, 2008

Airports are a McRipoff!!




So here I am on the first leg of my journey, I'm sitting in the Chicago O'Hare airport .









I hate to admit it, but my last meal in the US was indeed McDonald's. It was a choice between spending 7 dollars and getting a chicken sandwich, fries and a drink.....or going to the Wolfgang Puck Express and getting a single pizza for 10 dollars, and add to that buying my own drink! I thought I'd do the patriotic thing and go Mickey-D's. As you can see I was not too excited about it....

The first flight went well. I am pretty excited to get on the next one and flying to Dublin. :D It'll be an experience. I'm going to charge up my I-pod completely, as well as the Lappy, I figure that if the Lappy is completely charged then I can re-juice the I-pod while I am on the plane. Also, I might watch some Scrubs.......we'll see.

I've still got a few hours before we board the plane. I'm glad that I brought The Host to read on the plane, it'll be a good way to take my mind off of flying over the deep blue. Also, the playlists I compiled while I was preparing to go are pretty cool. For those of you who don't know, Stephanie Meyer has a playlist for each book she has written, there are songs that are appropriate for the mood/events/characters in each of the books. She favors certain bands (Muse, Linkin Park, etc...) but her lists are pretty varied, I am a huge fan, and I think that she has fantastic music taste, and the songs don't compete with what I"m reading which is a plus. You should go to her website and check it out.

Alright, I've got nothing else. The next time I blog, it will be from another country. Take care everyone, I will miss you!!

Love to all!
Suzzy

3 comments:

Harwood said...

I'm sure they have McD's in England, but is it a Filet o fish and chips? I got your text message and I'm sorry I couldn't see you before you left, but you can skype me when you get a chance so you can see my cute little baby! I can't believe he will be a week old tomorrow! Anyway, have a safe flight and try to get some sleep - jet lag is a beast. Love ya!
~Shawn

Emily Anne said...

I so miss you already. I got all choked up after I got off the phone with you Sunday. Love You!

Matthew Ware said...

We ate at an Applebee's when we had a layover in Chicago. Since everything was rediculously expensive, we figured, why not? And the bill wasn't that bad, really.

I'll have to check out Meyer's playlist. And I'd like her to write something along the same lines as The Host. I really liked it.