20 June, 2010

Musings

Well, as most of you know I've been back in America for almost 5 months now....I can't believe its been this long! I miss England like a fat kid misses at kickball.

So since I've been home I've been job hunting (unsuccessfully....) travelling (within the US) and getting lots and lots of rain! Went to Atlanta in March, saw Heather Jo and all of her crazy friends, we also got to visit Savannah and also go to Tybee Island, which was amazingly gorgeous!
Other than that I've just been hanging with lots of old friends, and reconnecting to Omaha. I've really enjoyed having Shantell and Tony back for the summer, they've made this transition easier, as well as Emily and Matt and Linz and Chris coming to visit frequently...its been nice to have someone here I know. I also have a new obsession: MLIA its made procrastination and time-wasting so much easier!

I've had a lot of...well, lets call them adventures....with my car and trying to get it back to its old self. My 95 Jetta (Mr. Darcy) had been sitting beside my parent's garage for 18 months, and once the snow bank melted, I was able to get it out of the mud...so I've had brakes done, oil changed and even did the spark plugs and wires (yes I did it myself...I'm very handy) And after a slight electrical malfunction last Monday and subsequent bruises sustained by pushing it a few feet (by myself) I think he's ready to roll again....test drive tomorrow.


I've had about 4 weeks of working with the Census...which was great, but I think it has reached an untimely end which is rubbish cause I would have liked to have had another job lined up before this one ends. Anyone have any contacts in International Relations....hook me up. :)

I get to talk to the girls in the Manor a lot, so its still hard to be here while they are all there, but Skype lessens the separation anxiety and at least I get to see my girls sometimes.

So, upcoming adventures include lots of people coming to visit, and a possible trip to Seattle in September! And if I'm lucky I'll get to go back to England before the end of the year (providing I find a job and can save up the dosh)

S0. Love you all, and I will try and think of some fun things to post in the future.

Loves!
Suzzy xx

P.S. This time last year I was here:
And this is why I'm not happy to be back in America.

2 comments:

Sarah and Mark said...

I love you suzzy! I hope your car is doing well and that you can take fun trips down uni. ave. and chuck fudge rounds out the window! I hope you find a job soon.

Ash and Amber Devine said...

I miss you, Suzzy!!! Come back, please.