23 April, 2011

One Year Down

Hi All,

Yeah, its been a while. I actually forgot about blogging for a while, life got pretty crazy there for a while. So, whats up?

Let's see, I moved to Rochester NY for a few months. It was...an experience. Lets just say that the good things were great, and the bad things were pretty terrible. I'll say this though, it all worked out well in the end, I loved being able to help out my dear friend Shantell and get to be a full time 'Aunty Suzzy' to 2-year-old Jax. I met some amazing and wonderful friends and got a much needed change of scene. Also, I got to check a few places off of my list of 'things I need to see before I'm too old to enjoy them' (Niagara Falls and Palmyra, NY) I also gained a HUGE appreciation for my family, my parents in particular, my happy childhood, and my non-meddling sisters.


In other big news: My big sister got married! I'm so happy for her and I wish Heather and Taylor all the happiness in the world. I am so happy to welcome my new brother into the family. Taylor, best of luck man.

I moved back to Omaha because I was offered a 'real' job (one with an actual title, not working retail or weird hours) I'm loving it but I sometimes feel out of my element in a Tech company. I don't speak 'Tech-ese' for one, for another they don't always get my nerdy associations. It will be interesting to see how a huge nerd gets along with an office full of geeks. Which will prevail? Stay tuned...

What's on the horizon? Well getting settled back in O-town for one, finding my 'groove' again, actually getting to go to more concerts, visiting friends, saving up for a trip to Ol' Blighty. I'm missing England more than ever, although my cravings for chocolate and Twinings Herbal teas are being sated for the foreseeable future, I ordered a boatload of tea (yes, I finally broke down and started ordering my British creature comforts online)

So, new glasses, new year, new adventures. I'm excited for the challenges and triumphs of 2011. And I will make sure that I keep up on this blogging deal. I promise.

Loves to all!
Suzzy xx

1 comment:

Amber said...

Ah, I miss you, Suzzy! I'm glad that you are settled and such, but wow I miss you!